Greater Austin Comic Con is vitally interested in the ongoing health and safety of our employees, as well as that of our clients, visitors, and guests. Greater Austin Comic Con has adopted this policy to ensure that we minimize the threat of injuries associated with weapons or props on our premises. As such, possession of a weapon is prohibited while on company premises and anywhere else that company business, is conducted. Due to the nature of our business a series of guidelines for safe weapon and prop rules have been established.
- You must always wear your badge or wristbands while at Greater Austin Comic Con.
- Be nice and have fun! All your fellow GACC con goers are there to have a good time, so be friendly, make new friends, and have a good time at Greater Austin Comic Con!
- Offensive behavior should be kept out of GACC and reserved for the privacy of your own home. Greater Austin Comic Con staff and security have the right to ask you to leave the convention without refunding the cost of your badge/wristband if you are behaving in an inappropriate fashion.
- Please wear appropriate clothing while attending GACC. You can refer to our costume policy for details.
- Please abide by our weapons policy. In the harsh reality of our times, our security staff and local law enforcement will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.
- While we don’t want anyone to lose anything, GACC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property or for injuries sustained during Greater Austin Comic Con.
- Please do not abuse the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls, littering, and smoking in non-designated smoking areas, among other things.
- Special events and guests are subject to change or cancellation without notice–sometimes last-minute. We will notify you of any changes via the Greater Austin Comic Con website and our social media channels.
- By purchasing a badge/wristband and being admitted to Greater Austin Comic Con, the holder consents to being recorded (by audio, visual and/or other means) for exhibition and exploitation by any means in all media now known or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity.
- All autograph and badge/wristband sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be given.
Tickets and Badges are non-refundable. For the safety of all in attendance at the show, if you are feeling ill with COVID-like symptoms in the days leading up to the event, please reach out to email@example.com so we can work with you to monitor the situation based on CDC and local guidelines in place at that time.
Clear Bag Policy
H-E-B Center has a select number of prohibited items that cannot enter the facility. This includes the size and type of bag that can be brought in.
- Clear bags larger than 16" x 8" x 16"
- Non-clear bags larger than 4.5" x 6.5"
*Exceptions may be made for diaper bags (with child present) or bags required for medical purposes.
Vendor Shopping bags that are given with purchase are allowed.
Cosplay and Costume Weapons Policy
- No nudity or inappropriate attire. This includes wearing proper undergarments. If you’re not sure if your costume accomplishes that, please email the management at firstname.lastname@example.org. GACC reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate for the show’s audience.
- Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed. Greater Austin Comic Con cannot be responsible for damage incurred to your costume during the convention, and the staff reserves the right to ask you to change if your outfit is not acceptable.
- Wear protective footwear at all times. This means some sort of hard sole – a unitard or stocking feet are not sufficient. We know a lot of characters like to run around barefoot, but since they are fictional, they don’t have to worry about tetanus. If you’re not within guidelines, you will be asked to shoe up.
- Wings, large props or large costumes are fine, but if your costume is over 8 feet tall or over 3 feet wide you may not fit through the doors. If possible, make wings and other oversized parts detachable. We have no limit on the size of costumes or props but ask that you be safe and aware while at the convention. You will be responsible for ALL damage incurred by your costume.
- Uniforms are great! Some of the coolest outfits are uniforms. But if you intend to wear a uniform that looks super-realistic, please distinguish that it is a costume. If your costume could lead to you being confused with local law enforcement, please don’t wear it.
- Prop weapons are allowed if they meet certain criteria. Please view our weapons policy to make sure any prop weapons that go with your costume comply.
- Visible convention passes and wristbands will be required at all other times while inside the H-E-B Center.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
When in doubt, don't hesitate to ask! Direct additional questions to email@example.com
Greater Austin Comic Con is a safe place. This means we expect it to be a safe environment for fans of any ethnicity, creed, religious background, political background, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, sexual orientation, fandom, etc. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
Harassment is defined by the victim. If it is determined–either by observation or by complaint–that an individual or group has harassed another attendee, any or all the following things may occur. That individual or group may be:
- Warned to cease and desist,
- Asked to leave the convention, or
- Banned from the convention for a period to be determined by staff
For your own safety, if you feel that you are being harassed, please report your problems to us before anyone else. If you cannot find a staff, crew, or volunteer member to assist you, please go to the information desks located near registration or near the entrance of the exhibition floor. Please report to us before taking matters into your own hands (such as personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media). We have professional security, and they are properly equipped for these contingencies.
Photography is allowed, but not in high-traffic areas. This includes near doors and in busy hallways. Please move to a designated photography area to take photos.
Inappropriate photography is not permitted. Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subjects feel they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing costumers/cosplayers and other parts of the convention, should this photography become harassing or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to the harassment policy.
Do not bring real swords, guns, or any type of authentic weapon to the show–only props are allowed! Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume if they comply with the following rules:
- No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) will be allowed!
- Weapons with a metal blade, regardless of if it is dull or sharp, are prohibited!
- Metal weapons, bats, or shields (with or without sharp edges) are not permitted. Prop weapons should be made of lightweight materials such as foam, cardboard, or plastic.
- No heavy wood props including shields and bats.
- All prop firearms must have an orange cap on the barrel.
- Weapons which are capable of firing (Nerf guns, bows, etc) must be rendered inoperable. Projectiles are forbidden.
- Do not brandish weapons or props in a threatening manner. Be aware of how security personnel may interpret your actions.
- Keep weapons in convention areas. If you leave the convention premises, please put away any weaponry–even if it clearly looks fake.
We love our animal friends, but the convention center prohibits all animals on its campus. This includes therapy or anxiety pets. Only animals trained to aid an individual with a disability, through a specific action, are allowed.
Greater Austin Comic Con strives to create an inclusive and friendly environment for all its attendees. We are happy to provide a variety of services to help you enjoy your experience!